Huge congratulations to our Basketball Team who have made it through to the final of the NBA Jr Tournament. They play Bonaly Primary in the final at 10am on Saturday at Oriam Centre (Scotland’s National Performance Centre for Sport) at Riccarton. Everyone is welcome to attend and cheer on the team!
Last week at Liberton Primary
- On Saturday our Christmas Fair was a great success. Thank you to everyone who attended and especially to the brilliant team from the Liberton Primary School Association who organised the whole event.
- On Monday our P3s had a great time visiting Saltoun Home Farm and Huntlaw Farm to learn about where our food comes from and life on the farm. You can see some pictures of the trip on our website.
- On Tuesday our Drama Club put on two brilliant end of term shows for parents.
- On Wednesday and Thursday our pupils went to see Beauty and the Beast at the Brunton Hall. They all had a great time and as always represented the school brilliantly. Thank you to the LPSA for funding £1080 for the buses for this event.
Coming up at Liberton Primary
- On Tuesday we will have our Nursery Nativity at 10am and our P1/2 Nativity at 1.30pm.
- On Wednesday the second performance of our P1/2 Nativity will be at 9.30am.
- Also on Wednesday pupils from Primary 3 will sing for the Liberton Kirk Guild.
- On Thursday our assemblies will be Festivals of Learning where children will be given the chance to show some of their great work.
- Also on Thursday our violin and cello players will be taking part in their Strings Christmas Concert at 2.30pm. Parents are very welcome to attend this.
- Christmas Lunches for pupils will also be served on Thursday.
- On Friday our Nursery will be holding a special Christmas Coffee Morning.
Edinburgh Community Solar Cooperative
You may have noticed in our reception area a new screen which gives information on the solar panels which we have on our roof. These panels were installed as part of the Edinburgh Community Solar Cooperative and we are delighted with this new resource as the information on it provides a valuable tool for children to learn about energy and our environment as well as science and numeracy.
The most recent newsletter from the ECSC is attached.
As an eco-school we are encouraging children to bring in one card for their class rather than individual cards. I’m afraid we are not able to hand out class lists.
The Scottish Government have launched two consultations which we are encouraging parents to take part in. The first regards the presumption of mainstreaming and looks at how children with additional support needs are included and supported within mainstream schools. The second is entitled Empowering Schools and describes a new Education Bill which will have significant impact on how schools are organised and managed. Links to the consultations can be found at:
Tue 12th Dec Nursery nativity 11am
Tue 12th Dec P1 – 2 Nativity performance 1.30pm
Wed 13th Dec P1 – 2 Nativity performance 9.30am
Thu 14th Dec Strings Christmas Concert 2.30pm
Mon 18th Dec Primary 3 Christmas Concert for parents 1.30pm
Tues 19th Dec P1 Party am, P4/5 Parties pm
Wed 20th Dec P2/3 Parties am, P6/7 Parties pm
Thu 21st Dec Nursery Parties
Friday 22nd Dec All pupils will be dismissed at 12pm