Last week at Liberton Primary
- Well done to all the children from our basketball team who represented the school brilliantly at the NBA London match at the O2. As well as attending the match the children also got to play games on the O2 court, meet Premiership footballers as well as NBA players. Thank you so much to Mrs Bremner and all the parents who accompanied the children and helped make the trip so special.
- This week was our Reflection Jotter week where children had a chance to collate their work into a single jotter, to reflect on the learning that they have done and talk about what their next steps should be.
- Unfortunately we had to postpone our Libby Leaders session this week. It will be held next week instead.
- On Thursday our assemblies launched the next block of our Building Resilience programme which is titled Take a Moment.
- Also on Thursday P7s were visited by scientist Dave Parnham to discuss issues around medical research involving animals.
Coming up at Liberton Primary
- Next week will be our Scots Week at Liberton Primary where we will be celebrating our Scottish heritage through a wide variety of activities.
- On Monday our basketball team will enter their next tournament, the Hope Trust Trophy for Edinburgh schools.
- On Tuesday and Thursday we look forward to welcoming parents for our Sharing our Learning Sessions.
- On Tuesday evening a group of our pupils will be visiting the Scottish Parliament to talk to MSPs as part of a session led by The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
- On Wednesday we will have our rescheduled Libby Leaders session.
- On Thursday Mrs Jamieson will be offering a drop-in session on supporting your children in numeracy for P3 parents.
- On Thursday we will have special Scots Assemblies where children will share Scots poetry, dance and song. The assembly on the Golden Rule in Christianity has been rescheduled for February 8th.
- On Friday there will be another tuck shop after school in the playground to raise money for P7 leavers events.
Unlabelled Lost Property
Again we have a large amount of unlabelled lost property in our reception area. If your child has lost any items please check in lost property before the end of next week. Any unclaimed items will be recycled on 26th January. PLEASE LABEL YOUR CHILD’S CLOTHING.
To help keep everyone in our school community healthy please inform the office if your child has shingles, chicken pox or German measles.
Our highly popular Homework Club will recommence the week beginning Monday 29th January for children from Primary 3 and 4 who applied for places earlier on this session. Mr McGee will be sending out confirmation letters in due course. Please contact him via the school office if you require any additional information.
We are delighted that we received so many donations for our new library last term. The shelves are beginning to fill up. We would still welcome more donations of good quality used books which can be placed in the box at Reception. We would also welcome any donations of old Lego.
New date for your diary: Class photos
Coldwells Photography will be coming to take the class photos on the 7th March 2018.
Liberton Primary School Association
Family Film night – Friday 2nd Feb
Back by popular demand, the LPSA are putting on a film night in the school on Friday 2nd Feb @ 5.30pm.
The kids have been voting in class on the choice of film this week and the outright favourite was Boss Baby. So… get the date in your diaries, look out your onesie and your favourite bean bag and prepare to come along for a fun film night together (children must be accompanied by at least 1 adult).
LPSA will be selling tickets outside the school office at drop off and pick up between 29th Jan – 2nd Feb and will be £3 per person or £8 for a family ticket (for 4).
Tickets are limited due to space – last year was a sell-out so get yours early to avoid disappointment!
Fundraising for P7 Leavers
Put your unwanted Christmas gifts to good use – bring them into school in January to be raffled/auctioned at our fundraiser on 25/2/18 at Gilmerton Miners Club (get this date in your diary NOW details to follow) so they find a new home where they’ll be loved! Unwanted, unopened boxes of sweets/biscuits too – anything new and unwanted please donate for the P7s fundraising, many thanks.
Scottish Book Trust
Scottish Book Trust (SBT) have asked that parents who received a P1 family bags complete a feedback survey at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/6QXHRCS
Liberton After School Club
LASC Friends and Family Ceilidh
Saturday 27th January
6pm ‘til late
Liberton Primary School Hall
Tickets £20 per Family
(2 adults&2 children)
Additional Adult ticket £8
Additional Children £4
Tickets available from LASC.
Supper and Welcome Drink
The Drama Studio
The Drama Studio at Liberton Primary have places available this term. Our classes run at the following times –
- 1-2 – Tuesdays – 2.45pm – 3.15pm
- 3-6 – Tuesdays – 3.15pm – 4.35pm
It’s all about having fun while gaining confidence and socialising. We work towards a show for parents at the end of each term.
E-mail email@example.com or call Louise on 07702869514.
You can also visit our website CLICK HERE FOR DRAMA STUDIO WEBSITE
We’d be delighted to see you !
|23.01.18 and 25.01.18||Sharing our Learning 3:15pm-4:15pm|
|30.01.18-15.03.18||P1 Forest Schools every Afternoon. P1C Tuesdays, P1A Wednesdays, P1B Thursdays|
|01.02.18-19.04.18||P5A Swimming every Thursday Morning|
|02.02.18||LPSA Family Film Night|
|01.03.18||World Book Day|
|12.03.17||P6-P7 Cross-Country Championships|
|12.03.18-16.03.18||One World Week|
|20.03.18||P6 Libby Bake Off and Sale|
|21.03.18||Easter Strings Concert 2:30pm|
|21.03.18 and 22.03.18||Parent Consultation Evenings|
|23.03.18||Libby Talent Show|