Last week at Liberton Primary
- We have had a great Scots Week at Liberton Primary, with lots of Scots songs, poems and music.
- Well done to our Basketball team who on Monday won through to the finals of the Hope Trust Trophy
- On Tuesday and Thursday we had a great turnout for our Sharing our Learning Sessions. Thank you to all the parents who attended.
- On Tuesday evening a group of our pupils presented brilliantly to MSPs and other invited guests as part of a session led by The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health. They received many compliments on their informed opinions and confident presentation.
- On Wednesday we had our rescheduled Libby Leaders session which this week included some lovely muffins being baked, a visit by the police to our Junior Road Safety Officers and snack boxes being prepared for our classrooms.
- On Thursday we had our special Scots Assemblies. Well done to everyone who took part. They were all excellent.
- On Friday there will be another tuck shop after school in the playground to raise money for P7 leavers events.
Coming up at Liberton Primary
- Our highly popular Homework Club will recommence the week beginning Monday 29th January for children from Primary 3 and 4 who applied for places earlier on this session.
- Also on Monday children from P4 to P7 will have the chance to try their skills at Chess with taster sessions from Edinburgh Chess Academy. We are hoping to soon launch a Chess Club at Liberton Primary and will be in touch with further information in due course.
- On Tuesday we continued with our sessions with Maths Ambassadors from the University of Edinburgh who have been supporting pupils to develop their maths skills.
- On Thursday we will have our first Learning Showcase Assembly of 2018 with our Primary 1 pupils showing off their learning. All parents of this year group are welcome to attend. Please complete your return slip so that we can be sure there is a seat for everyone.
- Also on Thursday our P5A class will start their block of swimming at Gracemount Leisure Centre.
We are reviewing our arrangements for Safe Travel to School for our families. Can you please take time to complete this survey about how you travel to school and any ideas you have on how we can make these journeys safer.
https://consultationhub.edinburgh.gov.uk/sfc/liberton-primary-school-parent-travel-2018. The closing date is 5th February.
Our Junior Road Safety Libby Leaders will be using the results to form our plans for the future, so we really appreciate you giving us your views.
To help keep everyone in our school community healthy please inform the office if your child has shingles, chickenpox or German measles (Rubella).
We now have over 75% of parents signed up to Parentpay. If you are still to register please contact the office and we will print off a copy of your original letter.
Liberton Primary School Association
Family Film night – Friday 2nd Feb
Back by popular demand, the LPSA are putting on a film night in the school on Friday 2nd Feb @ 5.30pm.
The kids have been voting in class on the choice of film this week and the outright favourite was Boss Baby. So… get the date in your diaries, look out your onesie and your favourite bean bag and prepare to come along for a fun film night together (children must be accompanied by at least 1 adult).
LPSA will be selling tickets outside the school office at drop off and pick up between 29th Jan – 2nd Feb and will be £3 per person or £8 for a family ticket (for 4).
Tickets are limited due to space – last year was a sell-out so get yours early to avoid disappointment!
Active Schools and Liberton High School Community Sports Hub will once again be running the Primary 1 and 2 Holiday Camp during the February Break. This is an opportunity for all children at a Primary 1 and 2 age to come along to The Hub and try out a variety of different activities. There will be professional coaches on hand to teach children the basic skills and moves from each activity and more importantly, to make sure they have fun over the 3 days.
If you would like to enrol your child in this camp please see details below J
DATES – Monday 12th, Tuesday 13th, Wednesday 14th February 2018
TIME – 10am—12noon
Children will be supervised at all times and
are required to bring their own drink and snack.
VENUE – LIBERTON HIGH SCHOOL,
328 Gilmerton Road, Edinburgh, EH17 7PT
PRICE – £15 for 3 days
Payment can be made online via www.joininedinburgh.org and using ‘Short Code’ Lib-601.
There are 40 places available on a first come, first served basis.
PLEASE NOTE: All registrations must be made prior to the start of the camp to allow registers to be generated. At the start of each morning, children can be dropped off at Liberton High School and parents must sign their child in on arrival at the registration table. At the end of each morning, children can be collected from the Community Sports Hub at 12noon, parents are asked to sign their child out upon leaving.
FOR ENQUIRIES CONTACT ROBERT AT firstname.lastname@example.org
OR ON 07884216213
Liberton After School Club
LASC Friends and Family Ceilidh
Saturday 27th January
6pm ‘til late
Liberton Primary School Hall
Tickets £20 per Family
(2 adults&2 children)
Additional Adult ticket £8
Additional Children £4
Tickets available from LASC.
Supper and Welcome Drink
|23.01.18 and 25.01.18||Sharing our Learning 3:15pm-4:15pm|
|30.01.18-15.03.18||P1 Forest Schools every Afternoon. P1C Tuesdays, P1A Wednesdays, P1B Thursdays|
|01.02.18-19.04.18||P5A Swimming every Thursday Morning|
|02.02.18||LPSA Family Film Night|
|01.03.18||World Book Day|
|12.03.17||P6-P7 Cross-Country Championships|
|12.03.18-16.03.18||One World Week|
|20.03.18||P6 Libby Bake Off and Sale|
|21.03.18||Easter Strings Concert 2:30pm|
|21.03.18 and 22.03.18||Parent Consultation Evenings|
|23.03.18||Libby Talent Show|