Last week at Liberton Primary
• Last Friday there was a full house in the hall as children and families together enjoyed watching Boss Baby. Thank you to everyone at the LPSA who helped put this excellent event together.
• On Tuesday we had further sessions from NYCOS in P3 and our Maths Ambassadors from the University of Edinburgh.
• On Wednesday we will had another great Libby Leaders session which this week featured a visit from Changeworks to our Green Rockers.
• On Thursday we hosted a family learning event for P1 and Nursery parents between 9am and 10am. We hope to soon have the information regarding the opportunities available for family learning and will update you in due course.
• Also on Thursday children from the Rock led our Religious Observance on the Christian teaching of do to others as you would have them do to you. The children led the assembly brilliantly. Thanks to the team of parent helpers from the Rock and to our local ministers Mike Taylor and John Young for their continual support for the school.
• P5A continued their swimming lessons on Thursday.
• On Friday we break up for our half-term holiday. There will be no school from Monday 12th February to Friday 16th February. Places are still available at the Liberton After School Club for the holiday week.
Coming up at Liberton Primary
• On Monday 19th January we welcome children and staff back to school after the February break.
• On Wednesday pupils from Primary 7 will have a chance to visit Edinburgh University as part of their Widening Participation programme which encourages our senior pupils to consider a wide variety of career and learning options for their future.
• On Thursday we will be celebrating Chinese New Year at our Assemblies (which will be part of our Religious Observance) as well as hearing from classes on the work that they have done in the latest module of our Building Resilience programme – Take a moment.
Thank you to everyone who completed the Travel Survey. Our Junior Road Safety Libby Leaders will be using the results to form our plans for the future, so we really appreciate you giving us your views.
Our Equality for All Libby Leaders group have been working to get donations from local companies to ensure that all children have access to a snack at break time. This is part of our 1 in 5 programme to look at issues relating to supporting families in financial hardship. All classes will have a box of snacks that any child can access if necessary. However if you wish your child not to have a snack please inform the school.
City of Edinburgh Survey for Parents and Carers
You will have received an email with this survey which is completed by all Edinburgh schools at this time of year. We would be grateful if you could complete the survey as your feedback helps both the school and council plan for the future.
The link to the survey is:
The deadline for the completion of the survey is Friday 2 March 2018.
Craigmillar Castle Park Events Programme
Attached to this email is the programme for lots of brilliant free events in Craigmillar Castle Park, the venue for our Forest School Activities.
Assistance with Schoolwear Grant
It has been brought to our attention that the applications for schoolwear assistance closes on 31st March 2018 for this session.
The schoolwear grant is £43 per primary pupil and is paid directly into your bank account.
To access the grant you need to complete the ‘Free School Meals, Milk & Assistance with Schoolwear’ form.
It is available online here:
If this link doesn’t work, please cut and paste it into your browser.
You can also collect a copy from the school office. The form is available in a number of languages. Please ask if you would prefer a translated copy.
FUN FAMILY FUNDRAISER
RAISING FUNDS FOR P7 LEAVERS 2018 EVENTS
SUNDAY 25TH FEBRUARY 1-5PM
GILMERTON MINERS WELFARE & SOCIAL CLUB, 4 NEWTOFT STREET, EDINBURGH EH17 8RE
TICKETS – ADULT £5, CHILD £3, FAMILY OF 4 £15
OUR AFTERNOON WILL START WITH YOUR CHANCE TO GO HOME WITH MORE PENNIES THAN YOU LEFT HOME WITH – HORSE RACE EVENT! IN TOTAL WE WILL HAVE 8 RACES OVER THE AFTERNOON WITH 8 HORSES IN EACH RACE, £1 STAKES TAKEN BEFORE EACH RACE SO REMEMBER TO WEAR YOUR LUCKY SOCKS AND BRING PLENTY OF COINS!
THERE WILL ALSO BE STALLS, A RAFFLE, TOMBOLA, OUR ‘P7 LEAVERS 2018’ TUCK SHOP AND MORE!
AFTERNOON NIBBLES AND REFRESHMENTS – INCLUDED IN THE COST OF YOUR TICKET! – WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE BREAK AFTER THE 4TH RACE.
IF WE HAVE ENOUGH ENERGY AND TIME AT THE END OF THE AFTERNOON WE WILL FINISH UP WITH A DISCO!
TICKETS ARE LIMITED TO 150 AND ARE STARTING TO GO ALREADY SO IF YOU WANT TO SECURE YOUR PLACE(S) YOU CAN TEXT JANET (KIRA’S MUM – P7B) AND PAY ONLINE TO THE BANK DETAILS BELOW. ONCE PAYMENT IS RECEIVED YOU WILL RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION TEXT WITH YOUR TICKET NUMBER(S) AND THE PAPER COPY WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE VENUE TO COLLECT ON YOUR ARRIVAL AT THE EVENT – EASY! IF YOU PREFER TO PAY CASH AND COLLECT YOUR TICKET THEN JANET/KEITH WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE SCHOOL OFFICE AT THE END OF SCHOOL ON FRIDAY 2ND FEBRUARY AND 9TH FEBRUARY.
GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY, GREAT FUN, GREAT CAUSE… PLEASE DO GET IN TOUCH TO SECURE YOUR TICKET(S) TO THIS FUN FAMILY EVENT.
07814564683 (This is also my business number so please don’t be put off by the ‘Jo Jingles West Lothian’ message!)
01.03.18 World Book Day
07.03.18 Class Photos
12.03.17 P6-P7 Cross-Country Championships
12.03.18-16.03.18 One World Week
19.03.18-26.03.18 Book Fair
21.03.18 Easter Strings Concert 2:30pm
21.03.18 and 22.03.18 Parent Consultation Evenings
23.03.18 Libby Talent Show
15.5.18 Great Libby Bake Off