We are holding our Open Day for parents of children due to start in Primary 1 in 2016 on 4th November. Tours will be held from 9.30am – 11.30am and 1.30pm to 2.30pm.
From the 1st to the 5th of December, Bessie the PlayTalkRead bus will be in South Edinburgh. Perfect for pre-schoolers, you and your little ones can join them for free songs, stories and play sessions. For locations and times, click here to see the flyer.
Enrolment for next year’s primary 1 children will take place this week. If you would like to enrol your child for the 2015 intake, please contact the school office for an appointment (call 0131 664 2337). For more information, please click on our Enrolment page. We look forward to seeing you.
Last session our Nursery took part in an inspection from the Care Inspectorate. This inspection reviewed all aspects of the service that we provide and I am
delighted to share with you the Care Inspectorate’s findings, which highlight the fantastic work which is taking place within our nursery.
- The report highlights the effective layout of the playroom, encouraging a feeling of freedom, independence and motivation to learn.
- The inspector was keen to highlight the excellent practice noted in ensuring that children and parents participated in assessing and improving the quality of care and support provided by the nursery.
“We found that Liberton Nursery Class had developed excellent systems to make sure that parents and children could assess and improve the quality of the care and support.”
- The nursery was also praised for its commitment and effective support for the Health and Wellbeing of our children as well as meeting the needs of all learners and in particular those with additional needs.
- We are extremely proud that the report also stated that the children were observed to be happy, content, sociable and confident individuals.
- We are delighted that these points have been rightly highlighted and we will strive to build on these high standards.
- Our next steps to further improve the nursery will include introducing a system to record feedback from parents and continue to develop the eco schools programme.
- A full copy of the report can be viewed here.
I would like to add my gratitude for the professionalism, commitment and care provided by our wonderful Nursery team: Jen Lorimer, Heather Falconer and Trish Mills. I would also like to thank Karen Rudram for her excellent leadership of our early years team. We look forward to hearing of even more successes in the future.