The JRSOs (Junior Road Safety Officers) meet together regularly as one of our Libby Leaders groups. They have some very useful advice to help the pupils stay safe near the roads in the winter:
We are the JRSOs and we have recently interviewed Liz Wood, the lollipop lady at Liberton, and she gave us lots of great advice. Here are our top 10 tips on staying safe at this time of the year:
1. Wear bright clothes so the cars can see you.
2. If you drop something when crossing the road, don’t stop to pick it up.
3. If you drive a car, always park where you are allowed, not on the yellow zigzag lines outside school.
4. Walk your bike/scooter across the road.
5. Never run or skip across the road, always concentrate.
6. If you see a lollipop lady nearby, always cross with her.
7. Don’t cross with your headphones playing loud music as you won’t hear the traffic.
8. If you don’t have any bright clothes, wear reflectors.
9. Make sure you always cross safely.
10. Always stop, look and listen when crossing the road.