Please click the link below to view our termly overview of learning:
The Magic Mini Egg Challenge
Imagine someone offered you an envelope with a “magic mini egg” inside. If you eat it, every task you tried would be easy. Would you eat it or would you leave it inside the envelope? P7A talked about what they would do and why. Here is what they said…
- If you find a lot of things really hard, the egg would make everything easier
- If you take the egg, it would make things easier
- If something was really hard and your whole career depended on it, taking the egg would help
- All my life, I would know I cheated if I took it
- I wouldn’t take it, I like challenges
- At least you would have tried for yourself if you didn’t take it
- Nothing would be fun if I ate it because I’d already know how to do everything
- Nothing would be exciting if you took it
- If you took the egg you wouldn’t learn anything
- You wouldn’t get anywhere in life if you took it!
- Everything would be boring if you took the egg because you’d already know everything
We talked about how leaving the egg in the envelope was a metaphor for a growth mindset: when we believe that everyone can always learn more and that the harder we try the more we will learn, even when we find something difficult. We will learn more when we challenge ourselves and learn from our mistakes!
We designed snowman in the style of these different artists for our hall decoration:
- Van Gogh
- Da Vinci
Can you spot them?