Last week at Liberton Primary
- Well done to our Basketball Team who played in the finals of the City of Edinburgh Hope Trust Trophy on Monday. They played a great tournament but unfortunately missed out on the overall final by just one basket.
- On Wednesday children in P2B, P3A and P5A got to meet a group of teaching students from Japan who were visiting the school.
- We had a great turn-out for our Parent Consultation Evenings on Wednesday and Thursday. Thank you to our P7 parents for putting on refreshments and tuck shop.
- At our assemblies on Thursday our Fair Trade Libby Leaders group gave a great presentation on why we should buy Fair Trade products. There was also chance for children to show off their excellent work at our Festival of Learners.
- On Friday we had our Libby’s Got Talent showcase. We had over 80 children take part this year and they all showed great enthusiasm and courage in taking part. Well done to them all.
Coming up at Liberton Primary
- There will be no homework club for next week
- Next week we will have One World Week at Liberton Primary where we celebrate the many heritages and nationalities in our school community.
- On Tuesday we will have our Wear a Hat Day (see below). I look forward to seeing lots of interesting headwear to raise money for this great cause.
- Also on Tuesday our Drama Club will be presenting their show to parents.
- On Wednesday a team of pupils from P6 and P7 will take part in the Edinburgh Swimming and Diving Gala at the Royal Commonwealth Pool.
- Also on Wednesday we will have our One World Week celebration at 3.15pm in the gym hall. This year we have stalls from Brazil, Poland, Germany, Scotland, England, UAE, Jordan, Japan, Palestine and the USA. Pupils, parents and carers are very welcome to attend. On Wednesday children are welcome to come to school dressed up in national dress, or in a t-shirt from another country. International sports tops are also allowed.
- On Thursday our P6 classes will be presenting their Learning Showcase assembly. All parents and carers from this year group are welcome to attend.
Wear a Hat Day
We will be taking part in the Wear a Hat Day campaign on Tuesday 27th March to raise funds for Brain Tumour Research . Children will come to school wearing the usual school uniform but for a donation can add a hat to their outfit; this could be an Easter Bonnet, a home-made creation or any hat the children want to wear. There will be prizes for the best hat. There will also be a chance to buy Wear a Hat Day wristbands and badges and there will be a tuck shop too.
Liberton Football Tournament for Adults
Following the success of last year’s competition Mr Theakston is organising another adult 5-a-side football tournament at World of Football (Corn Exchange) on Sunday 29th April from 2pm – 5pm.
Moving on in the summer
As we make our plans for next session it is really useful to know if you are planning to move home in the summer and your children will not be returning to Liberton Primary in August. If this is the case please let us know.
Reporting and Additional Parent Consultations
You will have received a letter this week about the change to our reporting procedures this year. A shorter report focussing on personal progress will be issued at the end of May and there will be an additional set of Parent Consultations held on the 6th and 7th of June. We hope that this new approach will give you even more information on how your child is doing in school.
Thank you for all the donations for our new library. Preparations are well underway for this and we hope to have everything up and running before the summer. We currently have enough picture books so do not need any more donations of these. Donations of good quality novels are still welcome.
Family Learning Courses at Liberton Primary for the parents of Nursery and P1 pupils
- All About Maths for parents (4-week course at 9-10.30am)
During this course we explore everyday Maths opportunities at home, whilst shopping, in the community. We will put together resources to share with other families.
Thursday 26th April 2018
Thursday 3rd May 2018
Thursday 10th May 2018
Thursday 17th May 2018
For more information contact Shingai Maramba (Family Learning Worker) Tel: 0131 558 3545 or Shingai.Maramba@ea.edin.sch.uk