This week at Liberton Primary
- On Monday our P4s and P5s had their final ukulele lessons for this session.
- Also on Monday there was a meeting after school for parents with children who are taking part in our Seasons for Growth programme.
- On Tuesday the Flu Vaccination Team was in school. Thank you to all the staff and especially Mrs McLaughlin for helping this to run so smoothly.
- On Wednesday we had another great Libby Leaders session.
- On Thursday our assemblies were on the Building Resilience topic of Keep Connected and the SHANARRI theme of Nurtured.
- The Primary 7 classes also had an excellent session with a visiting speaker discussing ethics in medical research.
- Also on Thursday P4a did very well with the first swimming session of their block.
- On Friday we hosted another ASN Coffee Morning at Gilmerton Community Centre.
Coming up at Liberton Primary
- Next week we will be celebrating Scots language and culture through poetry, song and dance during our Scots’ Week.
- On Tuesday afternoon P6 classes will start their session of Rugby lessons. Please remember outdoor gym kit.
- On Wednesday our Seasons for Growth group will meet for the first time.
- On Thursday P4A will continue their swimming lessons and the P5 Film Club will have their first meeting.
- On Friday we will be holding our annual Scots’ Assemblies. We are all looking forward to hearing the children’s performances.
Mr Ewing – Planned Absence
I will be having an operation on the 22nd of January and will be off school for recovery until the February Break. As the operation is on my head I will likely need to wear a hat for a few weeks on my return. During my absence Mrs Mackintosh and Mrs Rudram will be leading the school.
Sharing our Learning
On the 28th and 30th January from 3.30pm to 4.30pm we are inviting parents into school for our Sharing our Learning Sessions. These sessions are an opportunity for children to share with their parent the work that they have been doing in school and talk about what they have been learning.
The Running Club will restart on Friday 31st January. Mr Moir has kindly agreed to take the group during my absence.
Learning Showcase Assembly Dates
Please note that there was an error in the previous newsletter. The P1 assembly will be on the 26th March and the P5 assembly will be on 7th May.
Hi, I’m Beth Hardingham and I’m an Advice Worker for Maximise. Maximise is a partnership between CHAI – Community Help and Advice Initiative and Children 1st. We offer free and confidential advice on a variety of issues including welfare benefits, housing problems, debts and budgeting. Perhaps you are worried about paying the bills or wonder if you are entitled to any extra financial assistance. Maximise also offer help around Employability Support and Family Support. I will be available at Liberton Primary School every Wednesday from 9:00am – 12pm so if you have a question to ask or would like to have a chat about any of your concerns, please don’t hesitate to book an appointment with me through the school office.
LPSA Family Film Night
LPSA Family Film night is back……. The kids have been voting this week and it was a landslide victory for Secret Life of Pets 2.
Showing Friday 31st January 2020. Doors open 5.30pm, film starts 5.45pm.
Tickets £3 each or £9 for family of 4. Hotdogs, popcorn and sweets on sale!
Tickets go on sale before and after school and at the after school club from 27th January – 31st January 2020.
Tickets have sold out early the last 3 years, so don’t delay! Get your onesies and cushions ready!
If you are able to help with selling tickets before or after school, or with set-up (from 5pm)/clear-up or selling hotdogs/popcorn/refreshments on the night, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
LPSA meeting – Tuesday 4th February – 7pm to 9pm – POSTPONED
This meeting has been postponed due to Mr Ewing’s absence . New date to follow.
Bridgend Farmhouse: Free Nature Play Area Design weekend for 6-13 year olds
We would like to let you know about the opportunity for children aged 6 to 13 in the local area to help design a new sensory nature play area in the old barn at Bridgend Farmhouse. The design weekend is happening on January 25th and 26th, with open drop-in sessions for people to come along to both days (10-12, and 1-3pm), and refreshments will be available for the children coming along.
New Team United and Edinburgh South Autism football partnership
Edinburgh South CFC in partnership with Team United
Autism Football Open Day
Saturday January 25th 2020
10am – 12noon.
Peffermill Playing Fields
For children age 10-16 years
Registration is essential
28th and 30th January Sharing our Learning Sessions
30th January P3 Learning Showcase Assembly 9.10am (All parents and carers of this year group are welcome to attend)
10th – 14th February Half term break – School Closed
12th March P2 Learning Showcase Assembly 9.10am (All parents and carers of this year group are welcome to attend)
26th March P1 Learning Showcase Assembly 9.10am (All parents and carers of this year group are welcome to attend)
7th May P5 Learning Showcase Assembly 9.10am (All parents and carers of this year group are welcome to attend)