Highlights of the week at Liberton Primary.
- We started our week on Monday with an assembly inspired by the Olympics.
- On Tuesday Primary 6A had a workshop with BBC Scotland about techniques for interviewing authors at the Book Festival.
- On Wednesday Primary 7 were the first year group to visit the Book Festival and enjoyed a presentation from Miriam Halahmy.
- On Thursday the first group of Primary 3 children started their Forest School experience.
- On Monday our assemblies will be themed on kindness.
- On Tuesday all classes from Primary 3 to Primary 6 will be visiting the Book Festival over the day and will hear from different authors. Some children from P6 will also be interviewing author Ross Montgomery for BBC Scotland.
- On Thursday afternoon children from Primary 3a will continue their Forest School adventure.
Curriculum Evening/Meet the Teacher Event Wednesday 31st August 2016 7-8.30pm
- A letter with details of this event was sent out this week. We look forward to seeing you all at what I’m sure will be a useful and informative evening. Please ensure you return the reply slip to confirm that you are attending. The curriculum evening for the Nursery will be held on Tuesday September 6th from 6.30pm to 7.30pm and will include a presentation on e-journals.
- As you may be aware additional double yellow lines have been painted on the Inch Park road. As the school car park is not available for parking I would suggest that rather than entering the school/park driveway at all on-street parking then walking the rest of the way to school would be the best option for parents. We have also unfortunately had complaints that parents dropping children off at breakfast club had been driving and parking unsafely. Please help us prevent any accidents by using your car responsibly. Many thanks.
Primary 3 dismissal
- To ease congestion for parents waiting at the end of the day, from Monday P3 pupils will be dismissed from the doors nearest the bike shed. As the P2 children will have already been dismissed from this door there will be more space for parents to gather to collect their children. At the start of the day P3 pupils will still enter by the back door by the huts as usual as this enables the best flow of children within the school to their classrooms.
- Headlice: Please check your child for headlice regularly. Treatments are available from local pharmacies.
- If your child is entitled to a packed lunch on a Friday and you do not want them to have this please inform the school office. We currently have a large number of leftover lunches each week.
Dates for your diary
Wed 31st August Curriculum Evening 7 – 8.30pm
12th October Parent Consultations 6-9pm
13th October Parent Consultations 3.45-5.45pm
17th-21st October October Holiday